- 1. General
- AUGUST STORCK KG, (hereinafter referred to as Storck) takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and collects, processes and uses your data only in accordance with the standards of the legal data protection regulations.
Storck is the data controller and responsible for your personal data. Our contact details are:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: AUGUST STORCK KG, Waldstraße 27, 13403 Berlin, Germany
Telephone number: +49 30 41773-03
If links to other pages online are found on this website, this policy does not apply for data collection and usage on the linked pages, as Storck does not have any kind of influence on their set up and content.
- 2. Processing of Personal Data; Purpose and Legal Basis
- 2.1 Categories of Personal Data
- Storck processes the following personal data depending on your actions on our website: your IP address and the type and scope of the elements (e.g. webpages, buttons) accessed by you as well as the date and time of access and – if you provide this information by filling out forms on our website (e.g. the contact form or the registration form for a competition) – your title, first and last names and postal address, your e-mail address, your telephone number.
- 2.2 Website usage
- When you visit our website, connection data is temporarily processed (in particular IP address, last visited URL, time and date, pages accessed). We process this data as far as necessary for offering the website (which is in our legitimate interest). We may also process this data in pseudonymous form for the purposes listed under section 2.3, based on your consent. Generally, the usage of our website is possible without providing data other than the data listed in this paragraph.
If you provide personal data by filling out forms on our website (such as the contact form), we will process this data to answer your request or if necessary to fulfil a contract with you, in particular in the case of a competition that you participate in.
In case you do not provide personal data, it may occur that you cannot use specific functions of this website (in particular, you will not be able to participate in a competition that is offered) but there would be no other consequences.
As far as the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future.
- 2.3 Analysis for marketing purposes and for website optimisation (Piwik PRO)
- On Storck websites, data on your use of the website is processed with technologies of the provider Piwik PRO in our legitimate interest, namely to optimize the website and for marketing purposes. For this purpose, usage profiles that contain the data listed under 2.2 and data on your activities on our website (in particular which pages, buttons or other elements you accessed, and when) are created under a pseudonym. The profiles will not contain or be combined with data that directly identifies you (such as your name).
To facilitate the usage analysis, cookies (see section 2.4) can be used to recognize your internet browser. When you visit our website, we ask for your consent to such cookies (see section 2.4). Please refer to 2.4 on how you can withdraw such consent and browse our site without cookies, If you specifically want to deactivate the cookies used for the analysis described in this section, please use the following mechanism.
You may deactivate the analysis of your usage data in pseudonymous profiles using Piwik PRO at any time. You have two options to do so. First, you can activate the option “Do-Not-Track” in your browser (please refer to your browser’s help section for further information). Alternatively, you can click the following checkbox to set a cookie that indicates your choice not to be tracked using Piwik PRO:
- 2.4 Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are being sent from a web server to your browser and that are being stored on the hard disk of your computer. This will enable us to recognise repeat visits from you respectively your computer. This way we can offer a better functionality of the website and execute web analyses in our legitimate interest, as describe in section 2.3. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default.
After – by using our website – you have given your consent to cookies, you may withdraw this consent at any time. To specifically deactivate tracking cookies (and the analysis of usage data), please follow the instructions in section 2.3. You may also at any time choose to deactivate cookies in your browser settings, and/or delete cookies from your hard disk via your browser menu. Finally, you may install a plug-in in your browser to protect your privacy that offers the possibility to prevent tracking and/or related cookies.
- 2.5 Deletion
- We delete your personal data as soon as processing the data is no longer required for the pursued purposes and if there are no legal requirements for the retention of data. Relevant retention periods under German tax and commercial law are, in particular, six years for any business letters (also if received electronically) and 10 years for information relevant in the context of activities subject to taxation and accounting.
- 2.6 Data security
- Storck took all necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your data against loss, damage, manipulation and unauthorised access. Our employees and all persons involved in the data processing are obliged to observe data protection laws and to handle personal data confidentially. Our employees are trained accordingly. Internal as well as external examinations secure compliance with all data protection processes at Storck.
In order to protect personal data of our users we use a secure online transmission method, the so-called “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) transmission. This is recognisable by the added “s” behind http://, hence https://, respectively when a green, closed padlock symbol is showing in the address bar. By clicking on the symbol you may obtain information about the SSL certificate being used. The display of the symbol depends on the browser version you are using. The SSL encryption grants the encrypted and complete transmission of your data.
- 2.7 Social Share Buttons
- We use the so-called “two-click solution”, which means that when you visit our website, generally no personal information will be shared with third parties. Only if you click on one of the social share buttons information will be transmitted to the respective provider.
By activating the social share button, the respective provider will receive information that your browser has accessed a specific page on our website. This occurs even if you do not have an account with the provider or are currently not logged in to this account. This information will be directly transmitted by your browser to the provider’s server, e.g. in the U.S and stored there.
If you are logged into an account with this provider, they can directly assign the visit to our website to your account. If you interact with the share dialogue window (e.g. leaving a comment), the respective information will also be directly transmitted to the provider’s server and stored there. Further, this information will be published on the provider’s page and shown to your contacts. If you do not want the provider to assign the data collected during your visit to our website to your user account, you must log out of this account before the first use of the plug-in.
Regarding purpose and extent of data collection, processing and usage of data by the provider as well as regarding your related rights and configuration options in order protect your privacy please refer to the privacy policies of the respective providers.
Here are the addresses of the respective providers and a URL with their privacy policies:
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA
Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA
Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE
LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
- 3. Your rights concerning personal data
- The data protection law holds a number of rights concerning data affecting you as a person (so-called rights of the persons affected). In general, this is the right to demand access to the personal data relating to your person and stored by us as well as the right to correction, deletion and limitation of the processing of these data and to object to the processing. If and how far those rights will have established in each case and which conditions will apply is subject to the law (until May 25, 2018 Federal Data Protection Act, as of May 25, 2018 EU General Data Protection Regulation). The EU General Data Protection Regulation in addition grants you a right to data portability. If you gave consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority. Insofar as you have questions or have a complaint regarding data protection at Storck, however, we recommend referring to Storck directly (see section 1).
- 4. No automated individual decision
- Storck does not use your personal data for automated individual decisions.